Near East University, Institute of Social Sciences, Business Administration, Cyprus
Gazi University Faculty of Health Sciences,
AbstractTo determine the effects of alternative tourism activities on sustainable tourism potential and tourism employment and to reveal the characteristics of tourism enterprises that perform alternative tourism types.The study was conducted on 181 employees who were randomly selected among the operators, managers and employees of 272 tourism enterprises in Alanya. Afterwards, these data were subjected to frequency, independent sample T-Test, Anova, reliability analysis, mean and correlation analysis in SPSS 23.0 package program.As a result of the analysis, the relationship between dental tourism and implant, palliative patient care, winter tourism, elderly care, plateau tourism, ropeway tourism, treatlon sport, cycling and golf sport were found.It can be said that winter tourism and treatlon tourism, which are alternative tourism activities in tourism enterprises, make a significant contribution to sustainable tourism potential and tourism employment.
Keywords: Tourism, Alternative tourism, Sustainability, Employment, tourism enterprises
- Akdag, G. (2013). Cave tourism as an ecotourism activity: Mersin caves inventory study. 2nd Eastern Mediterranean Tourism Symposium, Adana.
- Akşit, N. (2016). The effect of perceived service quality on customer satisfaction: A research in thermal hotels, International Journal of Social Research, 9 (47), 1161-1168.
- Albayrak, A. (2011). Factors Affecting Consumers' Purchasing Alternative Tourism Types, (Unpublished doctoral dissertation), Gazi University, Institute of Educational Sciences, Ankara.
- Arslan, H. (2018). The Effect of Alternative Tourism on the Regional Economy: The Case of Samsun, (Unpublished Master's Thesis), Muğla Sıtkı Koçman University, Institute of Social Sciences, Muğla.
- Aydemir, B. and Kılıç, N. S. (2017). Third Age Tourism in the world and in Turkey, Centenary University Journal of Social Science, 1 (3), special number.
- Beh, A. and Bruyere, B. L. (2007). Segmentation By Visit or Motivation In Three Kenya National Reserves. Tourism Management, 28 (6), 1464-1471.
- Bektaş, G. and Şimşek, F. (2016). The importance of mobile health services in advanced health tourism, Health Care Acad J., 3 (4), 179-185.
- Civelek Oruç, M., Sezen Doğancili, O. and Dalgın, T. (2016). A Research on Analysis of Hotel Ads in Newspapers with Content Analysis as a Sales Development Tool. 17. National Tourism Congress, Muğla.
- Çetin, G. (2008). Evaluation of the potential of golf tourism, golf tourism in Turkey and the world. (Unpublished master's thesis), Istanbul University, Istanbul.
- Çontu, M. (2006). Alternative tourism types and Kizilcahamam thermal tourism example. (Unpublished master's thesis), Abant İzzet Baysal University, Bolu.
- Devasa, M., Laguna, M. and Palacios, A. (2010), The Role of Motivation In Visitor Satisfaction: Emprical Evidence In Rural Tourism.Tourism Management, 31 (4), 547-552.
- Duman, T., Kozak, M. and Uysal, M. S. (2007). Through the Tourism Product Value Creation Assortment: A Study on Supply Sources in Turkey, Anatolia Tourism Research Journal, 18 (2), 206-214.
- Edinsel, S. and Adıgüzel, O. (2014). For Turkey's health tourism Five Years of World countries Contents Geography and Development in Çankırı Karatekin University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences Journal, 4 (2), 167-190.
- Erdoğru, B. B., and Yazıcı, H. N. T. (2013). Advantages of football tourism within the framework of sustainable tourism (Model study, a Mediterranean city, Antalya). International Journal of Trade, Economicsand Finance, 4, (6), 372-375.
- Hacıoğlu, N., and Avcıkurt, C. (2011). Tourist product diversification, N. Hacıoğlu, and C. Avcıkurt, (eds.). Ankara: Nobel Publishing. Hazar, A. (2007). Sports tourism. Ankara: Detay Publishing.
- İşsever, Ö. C. (2019).Determination of alternative tourismpotential of Bosnia-Herzegovina tourism destination, (Unpublished master's thesis), Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Institute of Social Sciences, Çanakkale.
- Kafadar, O. et al. (2014). Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methods, Lecture notes. Afyon Kocatepe University.
- Kahraman, O. C. (2019). The mediating role of personality traits in the relationship between tourist experience and intention to revisit: A research on tourists participating in alternative tourism types, (Unpublished Doctoral Thesis), Istanbul University Institute of Social Sciences, Istanbul.
- Kozak, M. A., and Bahçe, A .S. (2012). Special interest tourism. Ankara: Detay Publishing.
- Oh, H. C., Uysal, M. and Weaver,P. A. (1995), Product Bundlesand Market SegmentsBased on TravelMotivations: A Canonical Correlation Apprach. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 14 (2), 123-137.
- Özdemir, M. (2015). Bicycle Tourism in Turkey "with a Velosipet Cevel 'Anatolia Tourism Research Journal, 26 (2), 320-327.
- Özgenç, C. (2019). Stakeholder views on the establishment of a botanical garden in the context of botanical tourism from alternative tourism types: Gümüşova example, (Unpublished master's thesis), Düzce University, Institute of Social Sciences, Düzce.
- Öztürk, Y. and Yazıcıoğlu, İ. (2002). A theoretical study on alternative tourism activities for developing countries. Gazi University Journal of Commerce and Tourism Education Faculty, 2, 1-14.
- Park, D. and Yoon, Y. (2009). Segmentation By Motivation In Rural Tourism: A Koreancase study. Tourism Management, 30 (1), 99-108.
- Perarce, P. and Lee, U. L. (2005), Developing The Travel Career Apporach To Tourist Motivation. Journal of Travel Research, 43 (3), 226- 237.
- Somuncu, M. (2004). The dilemma in mountaineering and mountain tourism: Economic benefit and ecological value. Journal of Geographical Sciences, 2, (1), 1-21.
- T. C. Ministry of Culture and Tourism, General Directorate of Investments and Enterprises, Access address: yigm.kulturturizm.gov.tr (Access Date: 13.08.2019).
- Tarinc, A. (2019), Alternative tourism diversity with the aim to gain volunteer tourism: Turkey application, (Unpublished PhD Thesis), Selcuk University, Institute of Social Sciences, Konya.
- Timur, B. (2015). Examination of the relationship between service quality, perceived destination image and intention to visit again in thermal tourism, (Unpublished master's thesis), Eskişehir Osmangazi University Institute of Social Sciences, Eskişehir.
- TÜSİAD, (2014). Evaluation Towards an Alternative Tourism Development in Turkey. Istanbul: TÜSİAD Publications. Ukav, İ. (2012). Hunting tourism in Adıyaman. II. Interdisciplinary Tourism Research Congress Proceedings Book, 3-18.
- Yaşar, O. (2011). Underwater diving tourism on the shores of the Gulf of Saros. Zeitschrift für die Welt der Türken, 3, (1), 33-55. Yay, Ö. (2017). Alternative Tourism Potential of Kemer, Journal of International Social Research, 10 (52), 1446-1450.
- Yoon, Y. and Uysal, M. (2005), An Examination of The Effects of Motivations and Satisfaction on Destination Loyality: A Structural Model.
- Tourism Management, 26 (1), 45-56.