Near East University, Cyprus
Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Due to their organizational structure, political organizations come face to face with crises and conflicts much more frequent than other organizations. Besides having to manage the internal crises and resolve inner-party conflicts, they are also expected to manage the socialcrises and offer solutions to the conflictsthat beset the country they govern. The final sample of the study consisted of 480 people who occupied an executive position in the ruling party and also agreed to participate in the study. The study that was designed in relational survey model used data collection form, crisis management test and crisis management scale, Identify Conflict Style Scale. The study found a statistically significant positive relationship between the total average scores scored in the Crisis Management Scale and those obtained in the Crisis Management Test (r=0,426, p=0,000). On the other hand, a statistically significant positive relationship was also found between the Crisis Management Scale and the subscales of avoiding (r=0,737,p=0,000), forcing (r=0,738,p=0,000), accommodating (r=0,764,p=0,000), compromising (r=0,746,p=0,000) and confronting (r=0,777,p=0,000) of the Identify Conflict Style Scale (p<0,05). To manage crises and to offer solutions to conflicts, conflict resolution styles of avoiding, forcing, confronting, compromising and accommodation have been used, which, however, have yielded no effective results. Hit by a crisis, individuals successfully get through it, even being empowered in the end. Individuals in party administration, on the other hand, do consider the crisis as an area of quarrel and attempt to offer solutions in line with this perception, with the result that the crises are not perceived and experienced as a means of empowerment by the entire personnel in administrative positions.Key words: Crisis management, administrative position, empowerment, conflict resolution,scale
- Demirtaş , H., ( 2000). Kriz Yönetimi. Kuram ve Uygulamada Eğitim Yönetimi. 2. (Crisis Management. Training Management in Theory and Practice)
- Can, Halil (1997). Organizasyon ve Yönetim. (Organisation and Management) Ankara: Siyasal Kitabevi.
- Narbay, M.Ş., (2005). Kriz İletişiminde Halkla İlişkilerin Rolü. Yayınlanmamış Yüksek Lisans Tezi (Role of Public Relations in Crisis Communication – Unpublished Postgraduate Thesis) Dokuz Eylül Üniversitesi. Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü
- Tutar, H., (2000). Kriz ve Stres Ortamında Yönetim (Management in Crisis and Stress Situations) İstanbul: Hayat Yayıncılık.
- Kadıbeşegil, S., (2001). (Crisis Comes Expectedly! Crisis Communication and Management) İstanbul: Mediacat Yayınları.
- Aksu,A.,Deveci,S., ( 2009). İlköğretim Okulu Müdürlerinin Kriz Yönetimi Becerileri (Crisis Management Skills of Elementary School Principals). Journal of New World Sciences Academy . 4. 2
- Koçel, T., İşletme Yöneticiliği (Business Management) Beta Yayınları, İstanbul, (2002)
- Şimşek , Ş., Yönetim ve Organizasyon (Management and Organisation), 7.Baskı, Konya ( 2002)
- Karadağ, E., Tosun, Ü., (2014). Çatışma Eylem Stilleri Ölçeği [ÇESÖ]: Türkçeye Uyarlanması Dil Geçerliği ve Ön Psikometrik İncelemesi. (Identify Conflict Style Scale (ICSS): A Study on its Adaptation into Turkish, Language Validity and Preliminary Psychometric Properties) Psikoloji Çalışmaları Dergisi 34.1.ss: 45-69
- Kıdak B.L.,Demir S., ÇeberE.,Turgay S.A. ( 2011). Hacettepe Sağlık İdaresi Dergisi. 14.1.
- De Dreu C.,Weingart L.R., Kwon S. ( 2000). Influence of social motives on integrative negotiation: A meta-analytical review and test of two theories. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. 78.5.ss 889-905
- Murnighan J.,Oesch J.M., PillutlaM. (2001). Player types and self-impression management in dictatorship games: two experiments. Games and Economic Behavior. 37.388-414